Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update

First of al, thanks to all the visitors to my blog... Its awesome and I appreciate it very much,

An Update on the tanks.....The tanks are doing okay right now. I found out I lost a SAE in one of my tanks today which is sad and I lost another otto in my 20 gallon also. I checked the main params and found 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites and only 5 or less Nitrates which is great. MY Ph is at 7.8 and steady which is a good thing on the 20 gallon. But i dont understand why im loosing fish in the 20 gallon. Its not overloaded. I havent added any ferts to the 20 gallon for a while and I am seeing some decent growth in my older plants. The new ones seem to be settling in and I made some drawings today of what I want my two tanks to look like.

This is a drawing of my 35 gallon

scan0001

This is the 20 Gallon
scan0002

Then these are drawings of a stand I want to build

The first page shows the pogression from the posts to the support of the stand. The second page shows drawings of what the front, back and top views maybe seen as. Im thinking of using Oak for my outside and pine for my supports. Im going to use Plywood for shelving on the inside of the tank and possibly as support under thank tank itself but above the framing. I also wanting to add an oak trim round the top of the stand to help support the tank and stop it from bowing and to the bottom to match the top.

scan0003

scan0004

No comments: