Monday, February 11, 2008

Welcome

Hi & Welcome to my new Tank Log Blog..Thanks to Scott F for this great idea and place to blg about your tank. I decided to do this because I may not be able to get onto my favorite forums and chat or post but I can keep everyone up to date with my tanks with these posts. So Im hoping in the future that people will come and post their comments here aswell as on the forums.So to get everyone to catch up I have currently got 2 running tanks. The first is a 35 Gallon High, Planted with several plants and community fish. The picture of it at its best is on the side bar. The second tank is my new 20 gallon planted tank that i recently upgraded from a 10 gallon. This is also planted. Im hoping to have some good pictures of the new tank shortly. My 35 Gallon has been running now for about 2 Years. I have had it since I graduated with my Degree and its been up n running ints various forms ever since. Currently its not looking so good but im hoping to change that.My 10 gallon was running okay. I upgraded the tank to a 20 Gallon and I ended up starting a Mini-Cycle with that so im running into some problems. I have lost some fish which was stupid of me. I should know this by now but I thought the existing filter and water would insta cycle the tank. However its inhabitants grew immensly and that may have caused the problem with the cycle. I have done two water changes since then and Im hoping not to loose any more Fish.

No comments: